|Education: The Digital Future
|The 41st Annual Conference
November 14-16, 2001
DoubleTree Hotel Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf
- MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM
- Explore Monterey Bay's sealife in an adventure that takes approximately three hours. Your visit will carry you into the hidden world of Monterey Bay--a place of ever-changing beauty at the heart of the nation's largest marine sanctuary. More than a hundred galleries and exhibits re-create the bay's many habitats, from shallow tide pools to the vast open ocean. The aquarium features a million-gallon indoor ocean, viewed through the largest window on Earth, a towering three-story kelp forest, and jewel-box exhibits that reveal the delicate beauty of smaller sea creatures.
- FISHERMAN'S WHARF
- Dine on great seafood in the restaurants and enjoy the galleries, shops, fish stands, and even live theatre of this famous Monterey Attraction Fishing wharf.
- CANNERY ROW
- Explore nearly 75 shops, restaurants, and attractions that highlight one of California's most extraordinary regions. Cannery Row is one of America's most famous streets, popularized by Nobel and Pulitzer award winning author John Steinbeck. Here, hardworking whalers, fisherman, and cannery owners and workers struggled to enhance their lives and build a thriving industry.
- PEBBLE BEACH
- This famous 17-mile coastal drive highlights some of the unique scenic displays of nature.
- Choose from a dozen nearby courses including several at Pebble Beach.
- Stroll through Downtown Carmel's boutiques and for that special gift, or visit the American Tin Cannery Factory Outlets for shopping value. The Del Monte shopping center has over 100 specialty stores and shops from Macy's to Mervyn's.
- Wineries are located on Cannery Row and in nearby areas. All include wine tasting rooms and group tours.
- ART GALLERIES
- Thomas Kinkade gift galleries are located throughout the local area in Monterey and Carmel. Several other galleries are located in the local area.
- The Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History is an outstanding natural history museum located in Pacific Grove. Admission is free.
- The Monterey Peninsula Museum of Art is a nationally accredited art museum located in downtown Monterey.
- The Maritime Museum of Monterey is located near Fisherman's Wharf.
For more information about Monterey and surrounding areas in Monterey County, go to the Official Monterey County Travel and Tourism Alliance (MCTTA) destination guide. This website provides detailed information about recreation and other activities in Monterey and surrounding areas. For more specific information about attractions in Monterey, visit the Regions: Monterey--Destination Interests page.
- Other activities
- Adventures By The Sea rents bicycles, rollerblades, kayaks, or scuba gear.
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Horseback Riding
- Sport Fishing
- Area Tours