Microsoft TechNet: A Valuable Service
TechNet is a comprehensive offering of web-based and media subscription services for IT professionals from Microsoft. The TechNet Subscription is a fee-based service that is updated monthly and contains the latest technical information about Microsoft products. TechNet Plus, also a fee-based service, includes all the benefits of a TechNet subscription with the addition of Microsoft Beta and prerelease software for testing and evaluation purposes.
A TechNet Subscription brings a whole world of Microsoft insider help to your fingertips. When you subscribe, you'll receive a shipment of information-packed discs with everything we can think of to help you stay ahead of the game. And every month we'll send you updates so you can be sure you have the latest tools and information.
A TechNet DVD or CD subscription gives you:
Although some of the content is available on the Web, a TechNet Subscription offers additional content; a better search engine so you get faster, more accurate results; and all the technical information you need in one convenient, reliable place.
- New 32-bit Search Engine - You can search by date, create a list of favorites, and customize search results as well as search histories.
- Microsoft Resource Kits - Tools, utilities, and documentation.
- Service Packs - Must-have fixes and administration tools.
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles - A complete set of the same articles used by Microsoft support professionals, updated every month.
- Updated drivers and patches - The latest tools to keep your system running smoothly.
- Technical Information - Technical notes, tips and techniques, white papers, and product facts.
- Deployment Guides & Training Materials - To help you deploy Microsoft products.
- Seminar Online CDs - Technical seminars on the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
- Evaluation and Reviwer's Guides - Guides to help you evaluate the features and benefits of Microsoft products.
A Subscription gives you content on discs that you can access anywhere without having to rely on an Internet connection, or worrying if you have enough bandwidth. It has all the technical information and resources you need to evaluate, deploy, and support Microsoft® products in one place, so you don't have to search multiple Web sites, journals, books, and other information resources. It also delivers the most current content directly to you every month, so you're always armed with the latest information.
A TechNet Subscription also includes functionality you won't find in Web browser applications. With the new, 32-bit search engine, you can refine search queries and quickly find what you need. With the content-customization feature, you can annotate articles or bookmark frequently-accessed content so you can revisit it in an instant. These features can save you time and increase your productivity.
If you evaluate, deploy or support Microsoft technologies you need TechNet, the Microsoft Web site for IT professionals. TechNet is your single best source of information and advice for making smart technical decisions—the kind that save your organization time, money and headaches.
When you register for TechNet, you receive the TechNet Flash e-mail Newsletter, FREE technology information and updates and expert insight. Each issue of TechNet Flash contains:
Here's a preview of what you get at TechNet:
- Product focused technical information
- The latest Security Bulletins and updates from Microsoft
- New Service Packs and Knowledge Base Articles (KB) from Microsoft Support
- Downloads, Trials & Betas
- Insight from the TechNet Answer Forums
- Information on upcoming Live Chats with experts
- Tips, tricks and local event information
TechNet Flash Newsletter: Each issue provides valuable technical information on Microsoft products, plus the latest Service Packs and Knowledge Base (KB) articles from Microsoft Support. Find out about free TechNet Events in your local area by entering your zip code in the appropriate field when registering.
TechNet Answer Forums: Microsoft TechNet has a number of question-and-answer forums available to help get your concerns addressed quickly. Post questions or help other IT Pros by posting answers. Either way, you'll get valuable insight and interaction with peers. The TechNet Answer Team monitors these forums to ensure useful, timely interaction without spam or bozos.
Puzzler: Question of the Week: Test your knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies. You may win a Puzzler T-shirt or the grand prize for that round. We've had prizes ranging from shopping sprees to trips to Hawaii. Every Monday, we post a new question from one of the MCP practice exams.
Feedback Central: Your chance to share opinions with fellow IT Professionals and Microsoft has arrived! You can provide candid reviews of any Microsoft product or just read what your peers have to say.
A feature column available from the TechNet website is TechNet for Education. TechNet for Education provides all of the “how to” details on evaluating, deploying, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technology in a learning environment.
As an added benefit for this year's conference-goers, the first 300 CEDPA Conference attendees will receive a one-year TechNet subscription at no cost, courtesy of Microsoft Corporation, a $299 value.